after the great success of the previous editions (Rome 2015, Palermo 2017, Porto 2019, and Rome 2022), the 5th International Conference Green Conservation of Cultural Heritage is announced as a stage to present the developments and new perspectives for sustainability in the Cultural Heritage field! It will take place in the evocative environment of the National Museum of Art in Timişoara (Romania) from 4th to 5th May 2023.
As in the past editions, the conference will represent an inspiring space for people, organizations, and companies wishing to share ideas and thoughts to make a real change in the way of conceiving sustainability in the sector.
The Green Conservation Conference will be devoted to talking about the different interpretation of the concept of “green”, aiming at stimulating discussion and accelerating the development and implementation of eco-sustainable materials and methods for Cultural Heritage conservation. Health safety, environmental protection, technologies for Cultural Heritage preservation in museums and cultural sites, as well as restoration treatments, are just a hint of the topics foreseen for the Green Conservation Conference. Authors presenting contributions on the following topics will be considered for participation in the conference:
1. Green and sustainable building practices for museums and architectural Cultural Heritage.
2. Sustainable exhibition design.
3. Experiences to transform ‘environmentally sustainable’ practices into ‘common’ practices.
4. National and international sustainable projects for Cultural Heritage and landscapes.
5. Sustainable and ecological solutions engaging Cultural Heritage, landscapes, and the local context.
6. Suitable practices for sustainable tourism.
7. Biotechnology for conservation and development of bio-based products.
8. Green chemistry and nanotechnology for eco-friendly conservation
9. Feasibility of innovative green methods, products, and strategies.
The deadline for the submission of abstracts is March 30th, 2023.
Video contribution deadline: April 12th, 2023.
The deadline for registrations is April 20th, 2023.
YOCOCU members: free
Local researchers: 50 euros
Students: 25 euros
Other attendants: 80 euros
Journal for papers publication based on specific topics:
Sustainability (MDPI): Special Issue dedicated to the conference (FREE)
For all details about the conference (scientific and organizing committees, venues, deadlines, etc.), please visit the website:
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at aps [at] yococu.com
Enjoy the Green Conservation of Cultural Heritage Conference with us!
The Green Conservation of Cultural Heritage Conference Chairs and Organizing Committee