following the rescheduling of the conference from 2020 to 2022 due to the persisting pandemic emergency, we are pleased to announce that the 17th Pinius Conference on Mediterranean Risks will take place on October 18-21 2022 near Frascati, Rome, Italy, at the Villa Mondragone Congress and Event Center (http://www.villamondragone.it/), Via Frascati, 51 00040, Monte Porzio Catone, Rome, Italy).
A new Call for Abstract to the 17th Plinius Conference on Mediterranean Risks is now open.
The objective of the 17th edition is to provide an interdisciplinary forum for discussions on our current state of knowledge of Mediterranean risks in a climate change context. Different aspects related to monitoring, assessment, diagnosis, prediction, and definition of weather extremes and hydro-geological effects, impacts on natural resources, agriculture, health and society, as well as adaptation capacity and preservation strategies for natural and cultural heritage at risk, will be addressed with a multi-sectorial approach. This will be achieved by bringing together scientific experts in the fields of meteorology, hydrology, geomorphology, sociology, engineering, cultural heritage conservation, and also governmental or private risk management actors.
On behalf of the Steering Committe and Scientific Committee, we cordially invite you to submit a short abstract for oral or poster presentation in one of the following 7 Sessions:
- Diagnosis, trends, causalities, and predictions of extreme weather events in a climate change environment
- Earth Observation data and techniques for the definition, characterization and monitoring of natural hazards
- Hydro-geological effects of extreme events (e.g., floods, landslides, erosions, coastal dynamics, storm surges etc.)
- Socio-economic impacts: exposure, vulnerability, prospectives, and adaptation
- Safeguarding and management of cultural and natural heritage at risk from climate extreme events
- Natural hazards for ecosystems and agriculture
- Air quality and Health in the Mediterranean
Important new dates:
Abstract submission deadline: 3 June 2022
Notification of Abstract acceptance: 17 June 2022
Letter of schedule (programme publication): 30 June 2022
Support application deadline: 15 April 2022
Support application ranking and selection: 30 June 2022
Early registration deadline: 15 July 2022
Standard registration deadline: 16 September 2022
For more information:
With kindest regards,
Stefano Dietrich, Giulia Panegrossi, Fernanda Prestileo, and the Organizing Committee