17th PLINIUS CONFERENCE ON MEDITERRANEAN RISKS
we are pleased to inform you that the Call for Abstract to the 17th Plinius Conference on Mediterranean Risks (https://meetings.copernicus.org/plinius17/) is now open.
The Conference will take place on October 13-16 2020 near Frascati, Rome, Italy, at the Villa Mondragone Congress and Event Center (http://www.villamondragone.it/), Via Frascati, 51 00040, Monte Porzio Catone, Rome, Italy.
The objective of the 2020 edition is to provide an interdisciplinary forum for discussions on our current state of knowledge of Mediterranean risks in a climate change context. Different aspects related to monitoring, assessment, diagnosis, prediction, and definition of weather extremes and hydro-geological effects, impacts on natural resources, agriculture, health and society, as well as adaptation capacity and preservation strategies for natural and cultural heritage at risk, will be addressed with a multi-sectorial approach. This will be achieved by bringing together scientific experts in the fields of meteorology, hydrology, geomorphology, sociology, engineering, cultural heritage conservation, and also governmental or private risk management actors.
On behalf of the Steering Committe and Scientific Committee, we cordially invite you to submit a short abstract for oral or poster presentation in one of the following 7 Sessions:
- Diagnosis, trends, causalities, and predictions of extreme weather events in a climate change environment
- Earth Observation data and techniques for the definition, characterization and monitoring of natural hazards
- Hydro-geological effects of extreme events (e.g., floods, landslides, erosions, coastal dynamics, storm surges etc.)
- Socio-economic impacts: exposure, vulnerability, prospectives, and adaptation
- Safeguarding and management of cultural and natural heritage at risk from climate extreme events
- Natural hazards for ecosystems and agriculture
- Air quality and Health in the Mediterranean
Abstract submission closed: 30 April 2020
Notification of Abstract acceptance: 15 May 2020
Letter of schedule (programme publication): 15 June 2020
Support application deadline: 15 April 2020
Support application ranking and selection: 30 April 2020
Early registration deadline: 15 July 2020
Standard registration deadline: 14 September 2020
With kindest regards,
Stefano Dietrich, Giulia Panegrossi, Fernanda Prestileo, and the Organizing Committee