+39 0832 422 430
Investigation of micrometeorological processes in the atmospheric boundary layer, finalised to:
- study of the turbulence characteristics in the stable boundary layer and interaction with sub-meso motions in weak-wind and very stable conditions ;
- parameterisation of turbulence structure in homogeneous and complex conditions (orographic complexity, vegetal surfaces);
- study of intermittency at the different scales of atmospheric turbulence;
- modelling of turbulent exchange of momentum, energy and mass across the land-atmosphere interface.
The results relative to the described research activity can be applied to:
- Pollutant transport modelling in the Planetary Boundary Layer;
- Air quality modelling and environmental risk assessment;
- Assessment of CO2 and water vapour balance at the surface-atmosphere interface and of its impact on the Climate System.