Atmospheric DynamicsThe research activities include:
large scale dynamics of the Atmosphere
- Non-adiabatic effects in mid-latitude cyclones and their feedback on the mean zonal circulation.
- Diagnostics and theory of the general circulation of the atmosphere.
- Generalized stability properties of atmospheric flows
Mesoscale meteorology, data assimilation and numerical modelling
- Mesoscale meteorological phenomena, high impact weather, extreme precipitation events.
- Model development (BOLAM) and applications to case studies of heavy precipitation and cyclogenesis.
- Set up of assimilation schemes for conventional and satellite data (precipitation, humidity).
- Non hydrostatic model (MOLOCH) development, for scientific simulation and short range, high resolution forecasting applications.